Beach fires are allowed with the application and approval from Town Hall and the Fire Department. In order to apply for a beach fire permit please note the following:
- Applications must be done in person by the permit holder at Town Hall between 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Applications are not accepted via fax, email, mail, or via a third party.
- Applications must be approved no less than 24 hours and no more than 2 weeks in advance.
- Fires are not allowed during most holiday weekends and are subject to cancellation at any time.
- Permit holds must call the fire department (843-883-9944) the day of their scheduled fire for final verification.
- Permit holders must be over 21 with ID for verification and must be present the entirety of the fire.
- A check is required for a security deposit for all fires. Cash, cashier’s checks, and cards are not accepted for the deposit.
- The permit fee can be paid with a separate check, cash, or card. All fees are non-refundable and non-negotiable.
- The fee for non-residents is $100 with a $500 check deposit. For residents of Sullivan’s Island (must have ID for verification) the fee is $25 with a $250 check deposit.
- All events on the beach must comply with all Town Ordinances and beach rules and regulations, including alcohol, glass, parking, noise, etc.
- Failure to follow all rules and regulations may result in applicant or any other person in the party receiving a citation, fine, and/or forfeiture of deposit.
For a full list of rules and regulations, date availability, and other questions, call the front desk at 843-883-3198 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.